I had a very successful 4 years as your Birmingham City School Board District 1 Representative, and I am asking for you support again on August 24, 2021 so we can continue this great work. Under my tenure on the school board we have accomplished the following:
1. Excellent Leadership in providing Remote, Hybrid and In Person Learning during an unprecedented Pandemic
2. First-ever District Accreditation by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (AdvancED)
3. Highest Operational Reserves ever at 177 million and 10.02 Months
4. Highest Quality Rating Audits for 4 consecutive years, Implementation of a 5 Year Strategic Plan
5. Over 20 million awarded in College Scholarships
6. 12.5 Million approved to attain One to one technology with computers and hotspots for every child and family
7. Certified and Highly Qualified Teachers in all schools
8. 47 Million spent on Capital Improvements for all schools, 3 million spent annually for Safety Resources for all schools
9. Extensive collaborative Business, Church, Governmental, and Post Secondary Partnerships to enhance Educational Excellence
10. High Quality Professional Development Opportunities for Employees
11. My attainment of Master Board Member Certification, and Professional Certification in Elementary Education and Educational Leadership in exemplifying high standards for our employees.
This is just a brief synopsis of the excellence that has been manifested over the last four years and as I always say, “The Best is Yet to Come”. Our job is not finished and the journey has just begun.